History of the coin:
In 2018, the U.S. Mint released a completely new design for the Platinum American Eagle proof coin. This was the first coin in a three coin series titled "Preamble to the Declaration of Independence Platinum Proof Coin Series" which would include tributes to "Life, "Liberty" and "Happiness". The 2018 obverse design features LIFE inscribed to the right of an interpretation of Lady Liberty teaching a small child how to sow seeds in a field. The 2019 obverse design portrays Lady Liberty keeping watch over prairies, lakes, and mountains as pioneers head westward with the word "Liberty". Now the 2020 obverse design depicts Lady Liberty harvesting the fruits of her labor with a young girl at play and the word HAPPINESS in the top right. The home, orchard, and silo are supposed to represent American hopes, values, and aspirations. The reverse for all three coins in the series are the same featuring an American eagle, descending in flight, grasping an olive branch in its talons as its magnificent wings stretch to each side. “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” lines the top rim of the reverse while the coin’s precious metal contents, “.9995 PLATINUM,” are struck along the bottom. The coin’s face value of $100, troy weight of “1oz.” and “W” mintmark are also all included.
- Each coin contains 1 oz. of .9995 Platinum
- Third and final coin in the three coin series, "Preamble to the Declaration of Independence Platinum Proof Series"
- Perfect Proof 70 condition graded by NGC
- Hand signed label by Ed Moy, 38th U.S. Mint Director
- Obverse features an all-new design of Lady Liberty harvesting the fruits of her labor with a young girl at play and the word HAPPINESS in the top right
- Reverse of a majestic bald eagle with wings spread and an olive branch
- Backed by the United States government
Why invest in the coin?
The U.S. Gold Bureau is committed to ensuring that our clients receive only the highest quality pieces when they purchase through us. Our inventory includes only top-level PF70 coins, as graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC). Additionally, all Proof 70 coins purchased through the U.S. Gold Bureau are accompanied by a one-of-a-kind certification label hand-signed by the 38th Director of the United States Mint, Edmund C. Moy. After serving as Special Assistant to President George W. Bush for over five years, Moy was appointed as Director of the U.S. Mint, a position he served in for five years.